Sunday, January 24, 2016

November 30, 2015

Well, a few stories from this week. We had Zone Conference... it was nice. We learned about being our own agents; we learned about President's plan (he's a very smart, very inspired guy); we learned about finances (he's a money guy by profession) and we learned about health. The Argentine diet is not the best, and just about the whole mission is sick, so we have to learn how to cook healthfully and do it. It's gonna be interesting. Then the hna in charge of teaching us nutrition, Hna Chestler, stayed with us for a few days. It was really nice. We laughed a lot, worked really hard. Then we had stake conference. That was the big news of the week. It was a really good conference... there were two big focuses- the atonement and keeping the commandments, especially keeping the sabbath day holy. It was a really great conference.

Another thing going on here is the book of mormon challenge. I've been reading the book of mormon from the beginning  as part of the mission, and it's been really great. The challenge was to finish it before the conference  So I'm gonna give you guys the challenge too, to read every day as a family so that you can finish it before conference  There are a lot of blessings that come from it. Your testimonies will strengthen, the family will be more unified, you will come to a better understanding of the gospel principles. These are just a few of them.

As far as the work, we've been working a lot with a guy named L. His wife got baptized about a year ago, but hasn't been very active. Now they've been going to church together, and progressing together. It's really sweet to see the conversion in their lives, and in the family. We've been focusing on the priesthood and the blessings of having a priesthood holder in the home, and I'm just really grateful that I grew up in the house of a worthy priesthood holder and a mother who was worthy to support him. I'm learning a lot in the mission- to be grateful for what I had and have, and who I want to be now and what I want in the future. I don't always know how to put these things into words, but before the mission I knew that my testimony of the church would grow in the mission. It has, I know know that the church is true, but I always knew that. What I didn't know what that there are so many principles of doctrine involved- I have a strong testimony of keeping the commandments and a greater understanding of what that entails. A stronger testimony of the priesthood and what it means for my life. Of the leadership of the church. Of the savior and his sacrifice. The mission is just really awesome!

Well, that's all for this week!
Love,
Hermana Long

No comments:

Post a Comment