Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 7, 2016

So, you may be asking yourself, what happened in Punta Alta? The truth is, everything was going super well, we had great plans to work, and we were doing them. We had some really great investigators that were really progressing, and then we got a phone call out of nowhere... there was a poor, new hermana from the US and doesn't speak any Spanish who was with a latina, and President wanted to switch her to be with Hna. Leavitt, so I had to pack up all my stuff, and leave all my new friends behind. It was horrid. I did not want to do it. Our investigator, C, was finally starting to like me, and she started crying after I told her. And her 8 year old son started bawling like a baby. And the sweet conversa in front of the house started crying when I said goodbye. I went thru a lot in my one week in Punta Alta, and I love it with all my heart, and I feel like I left a big chunk of my heart behind. Now I'm in White, and at any given moment I would drop everything to go back to Punta Alta. Even the elders were sad when I left. I made them adventure badges, so they won't forget me too fast. And now I'm in White, which is outside the city, far away from everyone. It's a cute little pueblo. But it's a little behind the times- the internet in the cyber is broken, we have to take the bus to the district meeting (I think all of my money is gonna go to collectivos), there's not a lot of stores and stuff, and the banks are not the best in the world, so we always have to come into the city. 

The best part of the switch is my new comp- her name is Hermana Islas, a mexicana. She's awesome. We'd met once before, and I'd always heard such great things about her. She was in a trio with Hna Lopez, my sweet little comp, and Hna Shiffler, my buddy from the mtc, and they always said really great things about her, so I was super excited to be her comp. We get along super well, and I'm super excited to work with her. She's awesome! And we're gonna eat a lot of mexican food together.

Well, that's about it for this week. Love you bunches!
Hermana Long

Me and Hermana Islas. Hermana Islas- shes from Hidalgo, a province next to DF, Mexico. She's 20, a convert of 3 years, she's about to complete a year in the mission. We enjoyed a lot of Mexican food together. We were only together for 5 weeks, but I really really enjoyed being with her in White. The area of White was a little difficult, cause its super small and the elders left us with nothing, but we really enjoyed working together everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment