Monday, March 30, 2015

This week in Tandil



Hola todos!

Hmmm, what can I say about this week... the weeks are getting shorter and shorter. I'm not really sure what happened this week. Oh, I went to Bahia Blanca, where the mission office is, to do "tramites". I have no idea how to say that in English. It's kinda like paperwork, but you have to do it in an office, to get your visa. It's kinda like getting your driver's license, but more waiting, with a bunch of loco, impatient Elders... very interesting. It's about 6 hours from here to Bahia, and we went in a bus in the middle of the night, spent the morning and most of the afternoon waiting, and waiting, doing "tramites", then I ate at SUBWAY (ya, that was weird...) then working in the area close to the mission office for a few hours with one of the Hermanas there, then 6 hours in a bus in the middle of the night back. It was an adventure!
Comp selfie!

Other than that, I'm not really sure what happend... I have to take better notes! Oh yeah, a first in the mission for me- we were teaching one of our investigators with her mom, a member, when we heard a thud out back. Turns out their nighbor (a grandma) was trying to get the cat to go out side, lost her balance, fell and bonked her mouth on a planter. We rushed out back, and she was face down in a lot of blood. Turns out she bit her tongue and the inside of her lip on the way down. She was fine, couldn't feel it, and was still worried about the cat getting in the house. We had to wake up her husband and call an ambulance. Then her husband was more concerned about the mess she'd made than the fact that she had fallen and was bleeding and all of that stuff. And then when the paramedics arrived, she greeted them like old friends- turns out this was not the first time this had happened- trying to get the cat inside, falling, hurting some part of her body, ambulance... yeah, that was interesting.

What else happened... our ward mission leader tried to convince one of the Elders that he'd eaten cat in his house... Elder Paternina was not happy about that! Then for the rest of the meeting everything was "con gato" (with cat) juice "con gato", cookies "con gato"... it was pretty funny.

Also, it is freezing stinkin' cold here. Not I'm-gonna-die cold, but I-think-I'm-gonna-wake-up-with-ice-feet or I'm-gonna-wear-3-shirts-and-a-sweater-and-a-scarf cold. And my poor body is really confused, because it's April, and my body is ready for spring and it's entering into fall and winter.
Our (ex) Zone Leader, who left us for Bahia Blanca... he's an ex-Jehova's Witness!!! Elder Rooommmmeeerrroooo!!!!!!!!

Well, that's all for this week. I'm gonna send a few fotos!
Hermana Long

No comments:

Post a Comment