Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hola From the MTC

Hola everybody-

Another week has come and gone. Exciting parts of this week-

Devotional on Sunday- BYU's VOCAL POINT!!!!! They were awesome. They sang songs, shared mission stories, gave us Spiritual thoughts and were overall amazing!

A really sweet note from Hermana Bond, one of our floater maestros. Love her!

We got new missionaries- WOOO-HOOOO! There are 4 Hermanas and 4 Elders. They're all a little quiet and I think most of them are scared of us. Awkward.

Elder Hwang, our solo Elder, was missing the company of Elders, so he told us to dress like Elders for one day. We called that day "All Black Saturday". I think it was a win!



Funny story- there was this kid in my racquetball class in Hawai'i who totally showed up at the MTC a couple of weeks ago. And he straight up didn't seem to remember me. It was really awkward. So I finally went and talked to him last week. I asked him if he went to BYU-Hawai'i last year and if he was in coach Akina's racquetball class. And he said "yes I was. I knew you looked familiar!" I felt much better after that. Guess I'm not totally forgettable. Now I have a new friend to talk to when I pass. I think the total is up to 4 now. Woo-hoo!

And on a more spiritual note- Hermano Pitcher is seriously one of the best teachers I have ever had. He is this great combination of caring about us and being able to relate to us and being so close to the Spirit that he know what and how to teach us. He taught us the most amazing lesson last night about pride, humility and grace. And we all needed it. I really needed it.
And a note about the food- all the food is bad. Nothing really tastes good, and everything is on the greasy and indigestible side of things. And I can't stop eating too much. It's a problem.
Ok, one more spiritual note- two of our investigators agreed to be baptized this week!!! The first investigator, me and my compa barely said anything and Maribel, our investigator talked and talked and cried and talked, and then my compa asked her to be baptized and she said yes! Best feeling ever! And then our teacher, Hermano Tuft, plays an investigator named Juan, and we talked about the importance of baptism and how you can be made clean thru Jesucristo, and he agreed to be baptized! Woo-hoo!
Our sweet investigator, Maribel. I love her so much!!!!!!

Well, that's all from the MTC where the Sisters are tired of skirts, the food is BAD, and the Spirit is well and alive!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Long

No comments:

Post a Comment