Monday, August 17, 2015

Hey, Hey-
What a crazy week you guys had! My week was ridiculously normal in comparison. I dunno if I can even fill the 5 noticias of this week.

5. The circus is still here. It came for winter break, which started a month ago and ended two weeks ago and hasn't left. I WANNA GO!!! But the mission president told us that it wasn't worth our time. And we're flat out broke. Oh well, I hope they have circuses over there in Canada, cause when I get back, you're gonna take me :)

4. We plastered a 25 cent coin with the train. Yep, it was awesome. The timing was just right when we passed by the train tracks the other day, and we put it on the metal, and the train ran it over. Woo-hoo. Then we left a bunch. We haven't been back to see what happened with these coins yet. Oh well. I heard a train last night, so I hope it plastered them and they're still there :)

3. I got sick, again. Stupid cold. It started Friday night with a sore throat. Saturday I woke up worse- more pain in my throat, and full blown sinus infection. We stayed in on Saturday. I hate staying in. Then on Sunday, I woke up even worse. Everything hurt worse, I felt like I got hit by a train and my ears were stopped up. But my compa made me go to church. Good thing, because the Elders and an Abuelo from the ward gave me a blessing, and now I'm almost cured. Just have a runny nose now. I'M NOT GONNA DIE. Yet.

2. The Great Flood- well, it wasn't really a flood, just a lot of rain. It started when I bought myself rain boots (still not sure if that was a good idea or a bad idea, because I saved my other boots, that are not built for rain, but now I'm out of money.) And it rained, and rained, and rained, and rained. So. Much. Rain. But it didn't really flood here. I had my worries, because Tandil is built like a bowl, and we are like at the bottom, but the rain went away. I don't know where it went. Maybe to the fake lake. Anyway, we didn't drown. Yet. They say the rain only gets worse from here. That 15 days before and 15 days after August 30th there's a lot of rain. Something about a curse. I dunno. They said that in the past, the rain was so bad that the missionaries couldn't leave the house to work. That's saying something, because we always leave.

1. The Famila Grondona just keeps progressing. This week, we had to talk the dad out of copping out of his kids baptism. He felt like he had to be perfect to baptize them, and it wasn't worth trying so hard, and he was just gonna ask someone else to do it. We shared with him that he doesn't have to be perfect, that the bishop already cleared him as worthy, and that it's gonna be an experience super special for his kids if he baptizes them. Well, it's a good thing that we have the spirit on our side, because he felt it, and decided that he would baptize his kids. Then they showed up for church, again, and the other son was ordained a deacon and passed the sacrament. They announced the baptism, and everyone is super excited.
Well, that's the news for this week. This weekend is transfers, so next week's e-mail's gonna be interesting.

Love,
Hermana Long

When Elder Machado left- it was losing a brother.

My favorite missionary selfie so far

Reunited with Hna Brindley in Olivarria for Stake conference

No comments:

Post a Comment