Monday, August 17, 2015

8/10/15 The Great Flood

Hola!!!
I hope everything goes well on your big backpacking excursion. Don't die, if you and mom stop writing me, that's like 50 % of the people who write me. I'm glad you liked my letter :)
Well, the news of the week?
5. The Grand Flood of Tandil 2015- It has been raining for 5 straight days. I don't remember the last time I was properly dry. There's a river (a small one, but still a river) in all of the streets. I keep telling my compa that we need to build a boat.
4. We went to a new cyber today. (That's what they call the place with a bunch of computers where we pay to use internet.) It's got a kind of secret hole-in-the-wall kinda feel. I like it. But I feel like were cheating on the other cyber. Weird.
3. Conferencia de Zona- One week, interviews, the next week Zone Confrence. I like this president. It was awesome. He talked about the Atonement and my brain exploded. Then he talked about leadership and councils and my brain exploded. Then he talked about finances (he was a money guy before he was a mission president. He told us he's gonna teach us how to be "chetos", that is to say, richy rich.) and my brain exploded. Then he did a question and answer sesh, and my brain exploded. It. Was. Awesome.

2. The Familia Grondona just keeps on progressing. They did a Family Home Evening without us, are reading their Book of Mormons and they showed up for church. The kids are super excited for their baptism, the mom is so happy to see her family progressing, the dad is building his excitement little by little. It's great to see things like this.
1. I bought rain boots. They're super comfy and fit great, and clean really easily and don't get wrecked in the rain. Woo-hoo! Success!

Well, that's the news for the week. I hope you enjoyed your trip with the bears and the mountains. Send me pictures!!!!
Love you,
Hermana Long


Hey mom!
I hope you enjoyed your trip and didn't die!!! I'm still hear, in Tandil, freezing cold, and this week, soaking wet (well, that's an exageration), but it's been 5 days of rain. This last week was a long one- a lot of walking in the rain, and lot of knocking doors of members hoping they want to share their hot chocolate, a lot of putting one foot in front of the other and keeping going. It wasn't a bad week- a lot of fun and funny things happened. Yesterday was the birthday of one of my favorite members in Tandil and she made us empanadas and breadsticks and a cake. It was more like our birthday. She was just happy we spent her birthday with her and her family. We went out one day with the President of YW. She's awesome. We laughed and laughed and talked about how we can work together. It was awesome. Then she invited us to teach the mutual about the obra misional. And we did and it was awesome. These were some of the good moments here in Tandil.

Well, that's all for this week. Talk to ya later.
Love ya,
Hermana Long

No comments:

Post a Comment