Sunday, February 14, 2016

12 February 2016

What a week I had: TRANSFERS.... Dun, dun dun. I was transferred. After 5 long weeks in White with Hna Islas, they took me out so she could train. And now I'm here in Trenque Lauquen. What you guys don't know about the grand Bahia Blanca mission is that in the north corner of the mission, there's a little area called Trenque Lauquen. It's super small, a zone with 3 areas, and the 3 of them are different pueblos. And about a year ago my district leader called and said that we needed to fast for Trenque Lauqen. That started a whole bunch of jokes on my part. That Trenque Lauquen always needs help, that they're out of the way, that no-one ever escapes. All of these jokes were always followed by "one day they're gonna send me there, for all of my bad jokes. And they did. I'm writing you live from a ciber in Trenque Lauquen. And I've got a new comp- Hna Nomellini, from Fresno, California, an hermana with 5 months in the mission, and passed them all here in the famous and infamous Trenque Lauquen. We've been together for 3 days now, and I think it's gonna be a great transfer. We live in a sweet bachelor pad in the middle of the city, on the 4th floor. And the chapel looks like a castle. It's huge. I'm so excited to be here :)  And... we share the area with elders! Yes! One is Elder Perkins. We were in Zona Olavarria together for a long time. The other is Elder Rickeburg... everyone here has really weird names. I'm the weird one with a short, pronounceable name. Elder Perkins is dying this transfer and Elder Rickeburg is rather new. Its an odd dynamic. So I'm super excited to be here. The last 2 months have just been super crazy- Olavarria, Punta Alta, White, Trenque Lauquen, it's left me with some serious commitment issues. I'm always expecting a call kicking me out,  I'm scared to unpack, I don't want to get to attached to the people. It would make sense that this is my last area, cause I've 6 areas already and only two transfers left, but I'm not really sure.
Yesterday we had a conference with half the mission. I got to see Hna Islas, and my old zone, and Hermana Bindley and Elder Jensen and Hermana Shiffler and a bunch of my other mission friends. And we got to hear from a 70. I'm not entirely sure how to spell his name, but he's from Argentina, and he and his wife talked to us and it was just an awesome conference. I love being a missionary!

[Shane asked Kate the following] I'll put a question to you- What hymn has taken on special meaning- or become permanently tied to your mission? For me there were a few - Llamados a Servir, Secreta Oracion.... That's a good question- Secreta Oracion has been my favortie my whole mission. And Llamados a Servir has always been up there. I've been adding onto the list for a while now- Divina Luz- I love the part when it says "Momentos hubo en que tu ayuda no suplice confiando en mi propio expiriencia no tuve fe" I get emocional just writing it down. I listen to that song in some form every morning. Umm, Trabajemos hoy en la obra del señor. That's a big one. The other day we sang "cuando enseñe a tus hijos" and it really spoke to my soul. "
  1. Cuando enseñe a Tus hijos,
    dame, Dios, inspiración
    pues quisiera motivarles
    a buscar la perfección.
  2. Quiero guiar a mis hermanos,
    al desviado, rescatar
    y mostrarle el camino
    a Tu celestial hogar.
  3. Dame las palabras aptas;
    bríndame Tu comprensión.
    Quiero ser un buen maestro;
    toca, Dios, mi corazón.
  4. Guíame a tus ovejas
    que errantes andan hoy.
    Quiero yo apacentarlas
    y traerlas a Sión.
It was just a hymn that knew everything I was going thru every day, everything I want to ask for in prayer that I never can find the words. And everything I'm going to miss when I have to leave the mission and give up being a full-time missionary.

Well, that's all for this week. I love you bunches!!!! Next week I'll send you more information about Trenque Lauquen.
Hermana Long :)


Selfie Sunday- me, my comp, and a sweet girl, Sara, from the rama. She's waiting for her mission call. So my comp, her name is Hermana Nomellini, she's from Fresno, California, she's 19, she went to BYU-Idaho before the mission, and she's studying exercise and health. In Hawaii we call that EXS, I dont know what they call it everywhere else. She's got 5 months in the mission and this is her first area.

This is our chapel. Its pretty nice. I think its the biggest, prettiest chapel I've ever had.
The view from our balcony of our bachelor pad/frat house. That's a school. The kids are outside playing all day.







No comments:

Post a Comment