Sunday, February 14, 2016

4 February 2016

Today was a super p-day. We went to a little town outside of the city, where a few hermanas are, who can never come into the city. We drove up and then hiked to the top of a hill, then we went and played "capture the factura"- it's like capture the flag, but with facturas. I realized that I'm super out of shape, but not as out of shape as I thought. It gives me hope for the future. Also, I realized just how much I miss being outside and camping and hiking and I have hope for a future in which I can do all of those things with out dying (I think there are several doctor visits and massages and long bubble baths and gym visits between now and then. I've got my summer cut out for me.)

As far as how I'm doing, I'm doing really well. We've hit the end of another transfer, and I think it was probably my favorite. We've been working super hard and having a lot of fun. I'm tired all the time, and my joints are about to give up on me, but I'm still working like crazy. My health is hanging in there... I thought I was gonna get a sinus infection this week. But it went away without problems. We've been cooking and I've been following "my plate guidelines" like a crazy person. We've got named days... you'd be so proud: Milanesa Monday, Taco Tuesday, Molletes Miércoles, P-day de Pabadas (thats funny business), Jueves, Variable Viernes, Sandwich Saturday and Fideos Sunday (that one doesnt have the same letter thing, but we learned from the argentines.) So that's been good. And we've been running. A lot for my poor broken body. 2 times a week. I think I'm gonna start running more, 'cause I really want to run the Hartford half in the fall, but I think that's a really rough goal. I don't know if I'll make it. But the idea is out there.

As far as investigators goes, we've found a few new investigators that are super great. One is Noelia. Shes 21 and pregnant with her 3 child. And none of the fathers of any of the kids is in the picture. She's super sweet and funny and passing through a part of her life that's very dificult. But she's learning a lot and starting to gain a testimony. Then there's Fernanda. Shes a mom of 3 kids and lives with her husband. He's listening to us too, but he works a lot. She's looking for the purpose of life and has a lot of questions about those kind of things. She loves to learn about God and his plan. She's super loving and always says hi when she sees us in the street and always asks us to come over. Then theres Gimena. Shes an 18 year old girl with a lot of questions. She's got a neighbor who's a member and she's been helping us teach her. Then there's Lourdes. She's a 10 year old girl. Her mom is a member but her dad no. She doesn't really know much about God or the church, but she's learning about these things little by little. And her mom is reactivating little by little too. Those are our investigators for now, but as always in little White, we're still looking for more.

Well I'm about out of time. I'll leave you with these thoughts. This Saturday is transfers, and president told my comp that he wants her to train again. She started out training, but her new missionary had to go to an English speaking trainer. So we'll see what happens.

Love you bunches! Enjoy your week. Please take care of yourself.
Hermana Long

No comments:

Post a Comment