Tuesday, May 26, 2015

After Grandmom's Passing

5/4/2015  

[After hearing about the passing of her grandmother, due to complications of Huntington's and Parkinson's diseases-] Wow, I don't even know where to begin! This is crazy, and awful, and sad... oh, man. It's true that she's in a better place now, but it's still sad that she's not here. We've been working with a menos activa in the rama this week- her name is Carmen, and she's a wonderful, wonderful lady, but her husband has Parkinson's and she can't leave him at home to go to church. I've been thinking a lot about Grandmom and Grandad this week. They've been in such a sad situation for so long, and now things are gonna change, but they're still gonna be hard and sad.


Kate's Grandmom and Grandad giving her a kiss after her patriarchal blessing


We've been reading a conference talk this week in the casa- it's an old, old talk from Spring 1995, and i dunno who it's by, but I'll give you the details better when we talk again. But it talks about the hard things in life, and why they happen, and the Atonement. I'm gonna be reading a lot more of this talk this week. It's been helping my compa a lot, because she recently lost her grandmother, too. 

Also, do you know what this Sunday is???? Dia de la madre!!!!! Mothers day!!! We're gonna get to Skype! Our district leader called and said that we're gonna call during the Siesta, so between 1.30 and 4 here in Argentina. I think we're gonna skype from the house of Lider Misional, and there's gonna be one computer for me and my compa, so I dunno exactly when it will be. I'll have Hermana Prioletto, the esposa de Lider Misional, shoot you an e-mail with more details when we get to her house.

I hope your week starts looking up. I know that times are tough right now, but here are a few scriptures to help you out-

D & C 8:My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but small moment;
 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
1 Nephi 4:6 And was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand thethings which should do.
Alma 7: 11-12 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him deaththat he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
I hope these scriptures help you get thru the week. Share them with everyone, read them, ponder them in your heart. Thanks for sending the news. I know it's not easy to send, but it's better for me to know than to not know. Keep me updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment