Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hola from Argentina

Hola mi Familia y Amigos!

This week has been another great week. Lots of working, lots of walking, lots of talking. Some of the highlights of the week:

The other Hermanas had a baptism- it was a baptism of a sweet 10 year old girl of a less active mom. The daughter got baptized, the family has been at church for the last few weeks, all in all, it was a success. There is such a powerful spirit at baptisms.

Last P-day we went for a hike. There's a rather large hill in the middle of a park, and we climbed up early in the morning to study. It was peaceful and I always feel the spirit really strong in nature. Then we played on the playground in the park like little kids. It was so much fun! The funniest thing was that while I was studying, my sweats hiked up a couple of inches above my ankle, and I got a sun burn at the base of my leg, and I went around for a few days preachin' the gospel in a skirt with a sunburn around my ankle.
View from a hill of a park in Balcarce. Picture from the internet.

Ok, a funny story- we were at a casa of a Ward member, with her and another member of the Ward, a recently returned missionary that comes with us sometimes. We were waiting for our investigator to arrive, and while we were waiting I tried to tell a funny story, but I could not in Spanish, and finally I was like, nah, it's not important. I don't speak this language. And the Ward member, Johny was like, don't worry about it, your Spanish is fine. And I was like, it's a struggle every day! There's a phrase in English, "Struggle Bus" in Spanish it's "lucha colectivo" and he and the lady whose house we were in thought it was the funniest thing ever! They laughed for like 5 minutes.

Ok, one more Spiritual story- in that same appointment (or cita in Spanish), after our investigator, Sandra showed up, we taught an awesome lesson. Both me and my compa talked throughout the whole lessons, and we asked some really great questions (thank you, Holy Ghost!) and after we taught the first visión Sandra took a deep breath and said "Wow, I didn't know" and I knew that the Spirit was talking to her. I love the Spirit- without it, we would be the two most awkward missionaries on the planet and no one would learn anything! But we are blessed to be able to work really closely with the Spirit. It's awesome!!

Well, that's all for this week!
Con amor,
Hermana Long

No comments:

Post a Comment